The role of the JCDD coordinator is to lead activities required to create awareness of destination opportunities in Jennings County. The successful candidate will report to a Board of Directors and manage operational and marketing responsibilities for the board. The role will serve as communications leader, leading the creation of multi-media messaging content and delivery mechanisms necessary to promote the amenities, events and other county activities. The position will strengthen the presence of a tourism organization the connects to state, county, city municipalities as well as customers in building awareness of programs and resources. The goal shall be to increase tourism and the number of overnight stays in Jennings County, thereby favorably impacting the quality of life and economic well-being of tourism stakeholders and citizens of Jennings County.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are routine for this position. However, they are not to be construed as exclusive or all–inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned by the tourism organization or JCEDC.
- Responsible for marketing and communications for the tourism organization to increase tourism and destination awareness and participation.
- Create a tourism destination work plan; coordinate with county/city municipality funded event staff, volunteers and the tourism organization leaders to assure marketing plan and communications goals are clear, concise and time driven.
- Foster collaborative efforts to accomplish the tourism organization goals in the community through existing and new partnerships; coordinate local and regional efforts with State Destination Plan initiatives.
- Manage the tourism website, social media, and other communications resources, both content and delivery mechanisms.
- Develop and oversee operational policies and processes for tourism with monthly/quarterly/annual reviews.
- Manage and report the tourism organization finances in coordination with the JC EDC Executive Director oversight requirements.
- Responsible for any reporting required by the State of Indiana, Jennings County Commissioners, or other financially committed partners.
- Assess, create/develop, recommend and implement programs that will enhance the tourism organization profile, social media imprint and destination reputation.
- Develop and recommend new communication methods and enhancements to better achieve the tourism organizations marketing and messaging to visitors, residents, community groups and other external organizations that help maintain a visible and positive image for Jennings County.
- Create and provide content and graphic design assistance for internal and external communications, including annual reports and publications, digital media releases; agenda reports and all types of communication
- Develop ideas and opportunities for digital media features to include interviews, live streaming events, presentations, and other public relations activities that promote awareness tourism destination ideas and services.
- Coordinate with county/city/municipality and partner organization staff, vendors and volunteers for all Jennings County events supported by the tourism organization.
- Build positive working relationships with internal and external customers, using good customer service skills including memberships and participation to regional and state organizations.
- Associate degree in Digital Media, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Public Administration, or a related field. This position requires knowledge of or experience in areas of tourism, destination promotion, hospitality marketing, and/or public relations/communications. (Or comparable experience).
- Experience in government or corporate communications, public relations, marketing, branding and/or customer service
- Professional communications in broadcast digital media, website content, social media, marketing/branding, conferences, press and events
- Knowledge and understanding of copy writing, graphic design, desktop publishing and photography
- General understanding of the function and activities of municipal
government functions, as well as laws, ordinances, rules and regulations
- Experience videography, writing, editing, design, production and disseminating communication materials using a variety of formats, including print, electronic, audio, video, website and other digital platforms.
- Ability to interpret and implement regulations, policies, procedures, written instructions, general correspondence, and other specific tourism and destination documentation.
- Knowledge of computer software including word processing, spreadsheet database applications and video and photo editing applications consistent for this position
- Skill in organizational and time management to prioritize duties to accomplish a high volume of work product while adapting to a flowing change in priority
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately and independently in compliance with needed time limits, with minimal direction
- Ability to define problems, exercise sound judgment, and address a variety of situations
- Ability to prepare, recommend and monitor an operating budget, including line item budgeting and maintain accurate and concise records and reports
- Valid Driver’s License and able to travel with own vehicle. Willingness to travel locally, regionally or statewide.
- Ability to assemble trade show booths.
- Ability to escort travel writers to places of interest in the county (hill, trails, hiking, etc.)
HOURS OF WORK
This position requires daily availability with flexible business hours driven by responsibilities, projects and deadlines. Occasional obligations outside of regular business hours during evening or weekend events and festivals is likely.
Depending on qualifications, the starting wage for this salaried contracted position is $30,000 for the remainder of 2023 with a possible increase after contractual period.
Submit a video introduction, a video showcasing and promoting a tourist attraction in Jennings County, and resume to email@example.com.
Jennings County EDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nothing in this job description limits management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.