COVID-19 Disaster Relief & Assistance Grant
The COVID-19 Disaster Relief & Assistance Grant (DRAG) is made possible through grant funding from the Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA). The Jennings County Economic Development Commission seeks to support economic relief, job retention, and financial stability for local businesses negatively impacted by the COVID-19 disaster.
Application Guidelines & Instructions
Applications are available on the EDC website beginning Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 8:00am
Applications may be submitted beginning Friday, September 4, 2020 at 8:00am
Submission closes on Friday, September 11, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Awards up to $10,000 for eligible businesses to assist with job retention* through employee salaries, rent/mortgage payments, health & safety materials (PPE, cleaning & disinfectant products, facility protective equipment, public health signage, etc.), or technology services to accommodate remote work/change in operations (equipment purchase, installation fees, subscription fees, etc.)
*Must document that at least 51% of jobs retained benefited low- to moderate-income (LMI) workers
1) For-profit, local businesses with 50 or fewer employees, including microenterprises (under 5 employees) and sole proprietorships (if owner is LMI)
2) Must be registered to do business in Indiana and located in Jennings County
3) Operational for at least 6 months as of August 31, 2020. Businesses open less than one year must demonstrate three months of growth prior to March 2020.
4) Gross receipts less than $1 million per year
Funds may be used for:
1) Employee salaries between March 1 – August 31, 2020 (if not covered by PPP funds)
2) Rent/mortgage expenses between March 1 – August 31, 2020
3) Health & Safety expenses (ie, PPE, building/structural adjustments, cleaning supplies, etc)
4) Creative technological solutions to support remote work, customer communication, or product/service delivery (ie, online subscriptions, website maintenance, electronics, etc)
5) Equipment purchased for business sustainability between March 1 – August 31, 2020
Grant awardees will receive 2 complimentary business consultations with Jon Myers, Southeast Indiana Small Business Development Center advisor, that must be completed within one year of grant award. Grant awardees will also be required to submit a 1-page final report to the Jennings County EDC outlining the use of grant funds and impact of grant on the business. Report will also include a detailed expense report, and 1-2 pictures.
Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject line “COVID-19 Disaster Relief Grant – YOUR BUSINESS NAME”